We are a boutique association management firm based in Albany, New York, representing clients that operate in state, national, and global markets.
We can help you form a new association, coalition, or foundation, or revitalize an existing one. We can also help you take your all-volunteer organization to the next level.
Over our 30 years in the business we have developed and implemented strategies helping public and private sector association clients grow their revenues, membership, and influence.
We have helped our clients meet a wide range of public policy goals in New York and in Washington, D.C. We have also successfully lobbied in other states, and before organizations like the National Conference of Insurance Legislators (NCOIL) and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
We are skilled in every area of government affairs, from strategy development and formation of alliances and coalitions to bill drafting and on-the-ground lobbying. Our relationships and credibility are unmatched.
Research and Analysis
We can provide you with highly credible research and analysis. Our reports are known for their clarity, substance and accuracy.
The significant studies, landmark reports, and timely books we have authored or spearheaded have helped government affairs and compliance professionals do their jobs, and have helped frame important public policy decisions. A few examples follow.
Who We Are
Bob Mackin and Teresa Casey formed the partnership Mackin & Casey in 2010 after several years working together in the company Bob founded in 1985.
We look forward to serving our existing and new clients with the boutique-level service that is our hallmark.
Bob Mackin, Founding Principal
Bob Mackin, Founding Principal of Mackin and Casey, formed and served as president of Mackin & Company for 25 years. Bob has fostered the growth of several associations and foundations, including:
- the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers (AFGI),
- the National Conference of Insurance Legislators (NCOIL),
- the Industry Education Council to NCOIL (the IEC),
- the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS),
- the Insurance Legislators Foundation, and
- the NCLGS Foundation.
Before founding Mackin & Company, Bob’s career included tours of duty in government, politics, and the media. Bob served as:
- Assistant State Insurance Commissioner in California,
- Executive Assistant to the New York State Superintendent of Insurance,
- Staff Director of the New York Senate Insurance Committee, and
- Director of Public Affairs for the New York State Urban Development Corporation (UDC).
Bob also served as campaign press secretary to U.S. Senator James L. Buckley, and began his career as a press aide to the New York Attorney General. As a political consultant, Bob compiled a won-lost record of 12-1.
Bob had an extensive career as a journalist, including a stint as Associate Editor of Parade. Articles he has written have appeared in mainstream publications such as the New York Times, Newsweek, Parade, and TV Guide, as well as several insurance and other trade press outlets.
He is author of Jackhammer, a World War II espionage thriller described by Kirkus Reviews as “an extremely confident debut that’s fast-paced and full of surprises.”
Bob holds a Master’s degree in communication from Fordham University Graduate School and a Bachelor’s from Fordham College. He was president of the Fordham University Graduate Student Association.
Contact Bob: email@example.com
Teresa M. Casey, Principal
Teresa M. Casey, Principal, joined Bob Mackin in 1997.
Teresa is the Executive Director of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers (AFGI) and represents AFGI in New York. She is also the lead staff person for the Industry Education Council to NCOIL (the IEC), which Mackin & Casey serves as Administrator.
- has managed AFGI government affairs initiatives in New York and before the National Conference of Insurance Legislators (NCOIL) and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC);
- has facilitated media and other communications needs; and
- is the primary author of a report on taxation of multistate insurance transactions in the non-admitted market, prepared for the Excess Line Association of New York (ELANY).
Teresa holds a BA in anthropology from Bard College, and has completed the Empire State Society of Association Executives (ESSAE) Association Leadership Academy course.
Contact Teresa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Goodman, Accounts Manager
Bob Goodman joined Mackin & Company as Accounts Manager in 2000. Bob has managed the accounts of the company as well as its association management clients, often in close collaboration with those clients. Before joining the company, Bob has served as:
- a District Manager responsible for opening new outlets and revitalizing others for a large national retailer;
- a business manager for a regional service station chain;
- an entrepreneur with his own company, which helped several small business clients develop and maintain computer-based financial systems; and
- part of a team in a General Dynamics engineering research and development laboratory that worked on military communications and other projects, and featured a multinational team of collaborators.
Contact Bob: email@example.com
Jinelle Thompson, Director of Operations
Jinelle Thompson graduated cum laude from the University at Albany with a dual major B.A. in Political Science with a concentration in Public Law and Sociology. Jinelle is also a member of Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society and was a recipient of the Spellman Achievement Award, the Rockefeller College Public Service Award, and the President’s Award for Leadership.
During her time at UAlbany she served as a Co-Chair for the campus chapter of the NAACP on the Civic Engagement Committee. A highlight of her time in this role was registering students to vote and educating the campus community on the importance of civic engagement.
Jinelle also served as programming director for the Haitian Student Association where she collaborated with campus organizations such as the Pan Caribbean Association, Fuerza Latina, and Service is Key.
Jinelle has a love for travel and greatly enjoyed an educational trip to Madrid to study comparative urban politics and migration, and became immersed in Spanish culture and heritage.
Contact Jinelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a fresh perspective on member recruitment? Thinking of hiring an association manager but you’re not sure you can afford it? Do you want to hire a lobbyist but you don’t know where to start?
Let us help you.
139 Lancaster Street
Albany, NY 12210